Additional information on ionizers can be found here . If you're looking for something completely different please start at the Store Directory.
Copper and silver have been used for centuries to sanitize water. Copper is a well know algaecide and silver is a powerful bactericide. In the ancient Greek and Roman civilizations, the royalty used to drink from silver goblets and their water was stored in silver urns in order to purify their drinking water. As the pioneer settlers moved west across the American continent, they learned to insured safe drinking water by putting copper and silver coins in their barrels of water and milk.
An ionizer consists of a set of copper/silver electrodes, placed in a chamber that is mounted in the plumbing recirculation system. A controller sends a minute DC current to the electrodes, which dispense copper and silver ions into the water to kill organisms. These ions are odorless and tasteless, and unlike ozone, are stable in water and provide a residual level, which is so important for safe, healthy water.
Although an ionizer is most effective as a sanitizer, it won't provide the oxidizing action necessary to maintain crystal clear water. A small amount of oxidizer is still necessary to "burn up" the organic debris after the ions have destroyed them. The oxidizer (chlorine or non-chlorine shock) may only be necessary in very small amounts once a week (or less) in order to maintain crystal clear spa water.
Advantages of an Ionizer
- Less expensive than chemical sanitizers.
- Eliminates exposure to high levels of toxic chemical.
- Less frequent water testing required.
- Saves thousands in future chemical costs.
- Eliminates bleaching and other damage to hair, equipment and nearby vegetation.
- Ions are pH neutral and will not affect water balance.
- Extremely stable. Won't dissipate or evaporate, and is unaffected by pH or temperature.
- No more burning eyes, dry skin, bleached and damaged hair, offensive chemical odors or allergic reactions.
Our Hot Tub Ionizer is the most versatile, affordable and effective hot tub and spa ionizer available.
With a range of 0.05-1.0 ppm, this test kit is very accurate and has excellent color variance making the results easy to read.
Sorry, no longer available
Ozonators , Ionizers , The Natural , Nature² , Spa Frog , Rain Forest Blue , Magnetic Conditioning , Spa Secret
Store Directory | Home Page