We have a large public pool across the street from us and didn't feel we needed one ourselves. When one of our friends got a spa a year ago, we fell in love with it and decided that was the way to go for our family.
We have young children (4 kids aged 8 and under) and thought that the younger ones wouldn't like the spa because of the heat. We were wrong. They love it! We have never put our 1 year old in it but all the others are always going in.
I did a lot of research on spas before purchasing this one. It was one of the more expensive ones that we looked at but we bought a floor model at the end of the season in March 2005. The dealer was clearing out all the 2004's and this saved us a couple of thousand $. We live in canada and have the spa outside for year round use.
I was very impressed with the insulation and quality of build of this spa. I came very close to buying a canadian made spa by Coast Spas (also very high quality) but chose this one for the following reasons:
1) Size. 89"x89"x38" We found 7' tubs a bit small for our family and 8' too big. this one feels jsut right.
2) Seats. We did not want a lounger style but this has one seat that is a dual use "half-lounge". Very comfortable. Overall comfort is superb. We have had 5 large adults without bumping at all. There is room for seven but that would be too much I think. (This applies to all spas and tents subtract two from the number quoted by the manufacturer and that is how many fit comfortably)
3)Separate circulator pump for heating and ozone. This is a great design feature although some spa companies try to say that this is a bad idea. The small, high efficient pump is always on 24 hours a day for heating and adding ozone. The main jet pumps only come on when you are using it and for a few minutes each day for a cleaning cycle. This cuts down on the electric bill and increases the life of the jet pumps. It also keeps more ozone in the water for sanitizing.
4) Waterfall design: Nicest design that we saw. All others were take it or leae it for me. I didn't much care for them but this one is beautiful and I use it often. I especially like the fiber optic lights in the spout that cause the waterful to light up.
5) speaking of lights. Full LED fiber optics inside and out with dimmer and automatic settings. Beautiful.
6) Dual control panels. This feature alone sold my wife. No matter where you are sitting you can control the lights, jets, and air blower.
7) GFI breaker and box included with spa. 'nuff said.
8) Cabinet material. Maintainance free and colour matched to the interior. Very high quality.
9) Lift mechanism for cover. Very rugged and easy to use. Looks liek it will last forever. I'm pretty sure if this is not factory option but was one that the dealer put on.
So far we are estatic about the spa. We had it delivered around noon and used it at around 10pm. The air temp out side was about 0C all day.
Well it is time to climb in again.