Our home included a Very Old 6-person Jacuzzi (with 4 jets!) which needed to be replaced.
Our new Allure VitaSpa is nice - but not fantastic. It's a Huge improvement over the 15 yr old/4 jet spa we replaced, but the features and quality don't live up to the price or quality we were sold.
The seating is very nice, we have 2 lounges and 2 seats. It was difficult to find spas with even one lounger! I like the LED lighting and the waterfall feature. The 12 hour circulating pump and HEET system PREVENT the spa from cooling down. It's crazy, but I like my spa around 75 or 80 degrees in the SUMMER time and this won't drop below 100 even when I set the temp to 80. The HEET system recirculates and retains the heat.
We have had major and minor problems since we purched our spa 10 months ago. Some items were resolved quickly, some items required repeated complaints to get any action, and some items have not been corrected.
Our spa came with a nice feature - aroma therapy - which has been discontinued and they no longer provide the products.
Have you encountered any problems, and if so, how were they resolved?
In June 2007 we purchased an Allure VitaSpa from Atlanta Spa and Leisure and we have been very disappointed in the Quality of the product and the level of service we have received.
In the 10 months that we have owned our Allure spa we have had the following problems:
1. Filter cover does not sit properly, rocks easily and is unstable safety hazard (unresolved)
2. Metallic rings around larger jets corroded and pitted within weeks of installation (eventually replaced)
3. Debris and suspended flotsam from paper filters visible in water since installation (unresolved)
4. Main pump/heater failed after 8 months (repaired/replaced quickly)
5. Skimmer door does not float freely and is constantly stuck in closed position (unresolved)
6. Headrests faded, painted washed off and transferred black rubber material to occupants (unresolved)
The first item is a safety issue because we have elderly guests that often lean on the filter cover while entering or exiting the spa. Because it rocks and moves and is unstable, this can cause the person to slip or loose their balance. The lid should not rock and move if someone places a hand on it for balance. The lid has been replaced twice and the problem appears to be with the mold of the spa enclosure form.