Other Usefull Pages
[ BBS FAQ ] [ Error Codes ] [ Chlorine Info ] [ Bromine Info ] [ TDS ] [ pH Explained ] [ Electric Heater Guide ] [ Voltage Testing ] [ Pump Air Lock ] [ Owners Manuals ]

Ask 'Dr. Spa' Q & A Message Board

Ask 'Dr. Spa' Q & A Message Board archives 2

Softub Motor Noise

My neighbor owns a Softub and the motor is driving my wife and I and are other surrounding neighbors nuts! When the motor is on, it delivers a low tonal noise which is below the allowable limit of noise in our municipal code but it is on enough times that it is annoying. With my doors closed, the noise travels atleast 25 feet into our house and is even apparent in my daughter's room. As you've guessed our neighbor is not willing to do anything. I've spoken to the Softub dealer and he recommended turning down the thermostat a couple of degrees since the water in the tub will only drop a couple of degrees in 50 deg outside temp. If that is the case, I would believe that our neighbors would be able to turn down the thermostat from 104 deg to 100 deg for the entire day and then bump up the thermostat an hour before getting in and then turn the thermostat back down when they were done. If it really only drops a couple of degrees with the motor off then the tub should be able to be unplugged and then plugged back in before getting in. Is this statement about the Softub being able to hold its temperature by a couple of degrees with the motor turned off truthful?

Has any other Softub owners had complaints from their neighbors about the motor noise? What have you done about the problem?

Marc

Messages In This Thread

Home Page , Wooden Hot Tubs , Japanese Ofuros , Hot Tub & Spa Covers
Info & Help , Hot Tub FAQ , Hot Tub Picture Gallery , Virtual Store

PLEASE NOTE: We are Roberts Hot Tubs Inc. (manufacturers of traditional wooden hot tubs)! If you found this webpage through a search engine while searching for a different brand of spa, we are not them! We simply appeared in your search due to that name being talked about on this particular web page. The phone number below will reach Roberts Hot Tubs, not the manufacturer of the brand of spa you're searching for. This is a public forum and you're more than welcome to post a question asking for contact or other information for a particular brand of spa. Almost certainly someone will be able to assist you.

(510) 234-7920

Register with our confidential mailing
list to receive notices of updates, special
offers and free information.

E-Mail address: 
subscribe unsubscribe