Other Usefull Pages
[ BBS FAQ ] [ Error Codes ] [ Chlorine Info ] [ Bromine Info ] [ TDS ] [ pH Explained ] [ Electric Heater Guide ] [ Voltage Testing ] [ Pump Air Lock ] [ Owners Manuals ]

Ask 'Dr. Spa' Q & A Message Board

Ask 'Dr. Spa' Q & A Message Board archives

Re: Maui spa from Sam's club
In Response To: Re: Maui spa from Sam's club ()

I am not a salesman. I have been fixing hot tubs (all brands) for over 20 years. When I tell you that this tub does not have a heater element, you can take that piece of information to the bank and draw interest on it. I have no axe to grind because I have no allegiance to any particular brand.

This tub has a heat exchanger wrapped around the motor. In order to heat, the tub will run on high speed for long periods of time. If you live in a cold climate, the tub may have a hard time maintaining a hot temperature due to the lack of an element.

The tub itself is fairly thin, which leads me to believe that it will not last a long time.

I'm working on all brands of tubs 6 days a week. I see every type of problem. Some of these other folks who bought this tub within the past couple of years can only talk about their experience with their tub over a very limited time frame. I am saying that, in my extensive experience in this business, you will get what you pay for. There are no free lunches.

John

: I have had 2 previous high end hot tubs in previous homes and frankly,
: those high end models are no guarantee of anything. Too many
: electronic components to break and they are not easily moved. I'm
: interested in this spa, mainly for the simplicity and the lack of
: maintenance needed (faux wood won't need staining). To the guy who
: responded so critically, are you a hot tub salesman? And, how in the
: heck can this hot tub not have a heater? Do you mean that because it
: is 110 that the jets run while the heater is off? I know many of the
: 110 models do this becasue of the amperage required for both to run
: simultaneously. Sure the water will cool over time, but you don't
: stay in forever. That is different than NO HEATER.

: Good luck on whatver you get. But be wary of some of the hype you hear
: from the dealers.

Messages In This Thread

Home Page , Wooden Hot Tubs , Japanese Ofuros , Hot Tub & Spa Covers
Info & Help , Hot Tub FAQ , Hot Tub Picture Gallery , Virtual Store

PLEASE NOTE: We are Roberts Hot Tubs Inc. (manufacturers of traditional wooden hot tubs)! If you found this webpage through a search engine while searching for a different brand of spa, we are not them! We simply appeared in your search due to that name being talked about on this particular web page. The phone number below will reach Roberts Hot Tubs, not the manufacturer of the brand of spa you're searching for. This is a public forum and you're more than welcome to post a question asking for contact or other information for a particular brand of spa. Almost certainly someone will be able to assist you.

(510) 234-7920

Register with our confidential mailing
list to receive notices of updates, special
offers and free information.

E-Mail address: 
subscribe unsubscribe