Other Usefull Pages
[ BBS FAQ ] [ Error Codes ] [ Chlorine Info ] [ Bromine Info ] [ TDS ] [ pH Explained ] [ Electric Heater Guide ] [ Voltage Testing ] [ Pump Air Lock ] [ Owners Manuals ]

Ask 'Dr. Spa' Q & A Message Board

Ask 'Dr. Spa' Q & A Message Board archives

Unwanted 'economy' mode on Sundance spa

I have a 1995 heater/control pak on a Sundance Royale spa. The topside control panel allows the user to switch between 'standard' mode and 'economy' mode, the difference being that the water temperature is maintained constantly in the standard mode and the thermostat only kicks in during scheduled filter cycles (or during use) in the economy mode.

For several years, my spa has 'decided' to kick itself out of standard mode into the economy mode without my wanting it to. The colder the outside temperature, the more likely it is to switch to economy mode. So in the winter, I might go out to the spa early in the morning only to find that the system has kicked into 'economy' and the water temp is only 94f or so. Brrrrr. OK, that's not exactly cold, but I was looking forward to 101f.

Is there a jumper or other fix that can be applied to the power pak/heater unit's printed circuit board to 'lock out' the economy mode?

My spa is electrically heated and I'm in an all electric neighborhood, so I thought maybe there are power fluctuations that are actually causing the problem.

Messages In This Thread

Home Page , Wooden Hot Tubs , Japanese Ofuros , Hot Tub & Spa Covers
Info & Help , Hot Tub FAQ , Hot Tub Picture Gallery , Virtual Store

PLEASE NOTE: We are Roberts Hot Tubs Inc. (manufacturers of traditional wooden hot tubs)! If you found this webpage through a search engine while searching for a different brand of spa, we are not them! We simply appeared in your search due to that name being talked about on this particular web page. The phone number below will reach Roberts Hot Tubs, not the manufacturer of the brand of spa you're searching for. This is a public forum and you're more than welcome to post a question asking for contact or other information for a particular brand of spa. Almost certainly someone will be able to assist you.

(510) 234-7920

Register with our confidential mailing
list to receive notices of updates, special
offers and free information.

E-Mail address: 
subscribe unsubscribe