Other Usefull Pages
[ BBS FAQ ] [ Error Codes ] [ Chlorine Info ] [ Bromine Info ] [ TDS ] [ pH Explained ] [ Electric Heater Guide ] [ Voltage Testing ] [ Pump Air Lock ] [ Owners Manuals ]

Ask 'Dr. Spa' Q & A Message Board

Ask 'Dr. Spa' Q & A Message Board archives

How long should spa cover inserts last?

I purchased my Royal brand spa four years ago. While I have been very happy with the quality of my spa, the cover that was bundled with it (Castle Spa Covers) has been a real pain. Even after I diligently followed all the care directions, when the cover was two years old, the plastic covering the styrofoam degraded and the foam got waterlogged. Castle Spa Covers replaced the inserts at no charge, which was great, and it showed me that they took responsibility for perhaps a defect.
Now, two years later, the same thing has happened and Castle has inferred that it's my fault. The rep pointed me to their web site which has new care directions from what I got when purchasing the cover. By the way, I do leave my cover off for at least 1/2 hour after adding any chemicals.
I won't buy more Castle Spa inserts and have to go through this again in two years. How long should they last? What kind of care is required?

Messages In This Thread

Home Page , Wooden Hot Tubs , Japanese Ofuros , Hot Tub & Spa Covers
Info & Help , Hot Tub FAQ , Hot Tub Picture Gallery , Virtual Store

PLEASE NOTE: We are Roberts Hot Tubs Inc. (manufacturers of traditional wooden hot tubs)! If you found this webpage through a search engine while searching for a different brand of spa, we are not them! We simply appeared in your search due to that name being talked about on this particular web page. The phone number below will reach Roberts Hot Tubs, not the manufacturer of the brand of spa you're searching for. This is a public forum and you're more than welcome to post a question asking for contact or other information for a particular brand of spa. Almost certainly someone will be able to assist you.

(510) 234-7920

Register with our confidential mailing
list to receive notices of updates, special
offers and free information.

E-Mail address: 
subscribe unsubscribe