Other Usefull Pages
[ BBS FAQ ] [ Error Codes ] [ Chlorine Info ] [ Bromine Info ] [ TDS ] [ pH Explained ] [ Electric Heater Guide ] [ Voltage Testing ] [ Pump Air Lock ] [ Owners Manuals ]

Ask 'Dr. Spa' Q & A Message Board

Ask 'Dr. Spa' Q & A Message Board archives

Re: Hot tub won't stay on
In Response To: Hot tub won't stay on ()

: I drained the tub yesterday and refilled with
: new water. After it was full I turned the
: power back on at the gfci. It ran for about
: ten minutes and kicked off. Now when I try
: to restart the tub it just kicks itself off
: again...tripping the breaker at the gfci. I
: have visibly checked all the wiring for any
: damage and find nothing. I could really use
: some insight from a electrical person. Any
: help?
: Thanks

The problem you're experiencing sounds like a ground fault condition- Electricity is able to escape the circuit and is going to ground. Typically, this is because of an exposed coil on the heating element, but can be any electrical appliance inside the spa- like ozone generator, jet pump or circ-pump.

To test for the ground fault its best if you have a clamp on ampmeter- but you could start by pulling appliances off the spa circuit. By your description, I'd be looking at your heater or ozone- because it began after you had run the spa for a few minutes- this to me, implies a leak that took a few minutes to form either behind the heater seals or for water to siphon into the ozone generator. Unplug each seperately, and reactivate the spa circuit and see if it holds.

Messages In This Thread

Home Page , Wooden Hot Tubs , Japanese Ofuros , Hot Tub & Spa Covers
Info & Help , Hot Tub FAQ , Hot Tub Picture Gallery , Virtual Store

PLEASE NOTE: We are Roberts Hot Tubs Inc. (manufacturers of traditional wooden hot tubs)! If you found this webpage through a search engine while searching for a different brand of spa, we are not them! We simply appeared in your search due to that name being talked about on this particular web page. The phone number below will reach Roberts Hot Tubs, not the manufacturer of the brand of spa you're searching for. This is a public forum and you're more than welcome to post a question asking for contact or other information for a particular brand of spa. Almost certainly someone will be able to assist you.

(510) 234-7920

Register with our confidential mailing
list to receive notices of updates, special
offers and free information.

E-Mail address: 
subscribe unsubscribe