Other Usefull Pages
[ BBS FAQ ] [ Error Codes ] [ Chlorine Info ] [ Bromine Info ] [ TDS ] [ pH Explained ] [ Electric Heater Guide ] [ Voltage Testing ] [ Pump Air Lock ] [ Owners Manuals ]

Ask 'Dr. Spa' Q & A Message Board

Circulation pump

My circulation pump on my Jacuzzi J-315 went out, well actually it is making noise. Dealer |I b ought the spa from has gone out of business, and I called Jacuzzi. Spa still has about 18 months left on warranty. I was informed the other spa dealer here in town is the authorized repair station now. However going with a Jacuzzi and the other dealer was due to not having to deal with this other dealer. The dealer stated he would have pump sent to me and I could change it out but Jacuzzi refused to do this. Now this dealer wants a whopping $120 for a "negligble fee to go 20 miles to replace this pump on warranty coverage. I refuse topay that fee as |I do not callthat a negligible fee by any means especially for distance involved......and they get paid for warranty repair anyhow.

So where can I buy a circulating pump (Laing brand is whats on it but I can and will go with other if possible) I am not really concerned with what is left on the warranty as I just will not be taken by this dealer or pay that kind of money. I feel I am as qualified to change a pump as a so called authorized dealer is. I have seenthe work these fokos do and thats another reason I am not keen on them touching my spa. Its not really a rocket science job anyhow, and odds are with it making noise I ought to b e able to repair it, as its either somehting in the impeller making the noise or bearings or bushings, which I am capable of making or replacing.

Any ideas or advice is appreciated. And where can I get a pump at a reasonable price. Jacuzzi refuses to sell me one.

Messages In This Thread

Home Page , Wooden Hot Tubs , Japanese Ofuros , Hot Tub & Spa Covers
Info & Help , Hot Tub FAQ , Hot Tub Picture Gallery , Virtual Store

PLEASE NOTE: We are Roberts Hot Tubs Inc. (manufacturers of traditional wooden hot tubs)! If you found this webpage through a search engine while searching for a different brand of spa, we are not them! We simply appeared in your search due to that name being talked about on this particular web page. The phone number below will reach Roberts Hot Tubs, not the manufacturer of the brand of spa you're searching for. This is a public forum and you're more than welcome to post a question asking for contact or other information for a particular brand of spa. Almost certainly someone will be able to assist you.

(510) 234-7920

Register with our confidential mailing
list to receive notices of updates, special
offers and free information.

E-Mail address: 
subscribe unsubscribe